Tagged : ‘Travel’
…Remember to use those pictures sparingly. As if they were precious.
”All you need to do is shout on top of your voice. Just shout and don’t care.”
Ever since I quit my desk job as a photo editor in 2010, I’ve tried to arrive at a perfect list of contents for my camera/travel bag. I’d often find myself lugging around a lens I never use or was short of a pen I could really use. Backpain was my constant companion.
Eventually, I got rid of my Lowepro Compuserve backpack in exchange for a Thinktank Urban Disguise 50 V2.0 – a shoulder bag. The shoulder bag is not for everyone. You should know when to leave it on the floor and should closely watch it’s weight. Or it could totally screw your shoulder bone.
Two years, 14 countries, countless airports, train stations, bus stations, auto-rickshaws and bullock carts later, I have arrived at that perfect check-list for a travel/multimedia journalist.
Here is my complete list. Hope you would find this useful.
1) Earphones, assorted cables, chargers
2) Canon 17-40 f4, with polariser on
3) Back up soap-box Nokia phone with a local sim card.
4) Safety pin (very important) , in case I want to change sim cards in my iPhone.
5) ND grad filters (1,2,3 stops)
6) A carabiner (useful when you wanna carry that extra lens).
7) Water bottle
9) A contingent of CF cards
10) Extra batteries (for camera + audio recorder)
11) Hand sanitiser, chewing gum, handlotion, lip balm and a transparent zip lock plastic bag for security checks.
12) 4GB USB drive and a paint brush I use to clean my lenses.
13) Pencil and cutter (god knows why i carry it) , pens (gel pens ONLY)
14) My purse of course. Although it seldom has any money in it.
15) My baby. 5D Mark II with a 50mm F1.4 mounted . I dont believe in lens caps.
16) A zoom H1 with foam cover and a handle.
17) A little black notebook and passport.
18) Lens cleaning cloths and an air blower.
19) And of course, the iPhone with which i took this picture.